Christmas and the Holidays has past and a new year has begun. For many it’s time to declutter and clear out their homes and living spaces and create space and room for a new year and everything great that it will bring.
Why carry over garbage and clutter from the past. It crowds up your space, takes up valuable time to maintain, organize, and clean, and makes it harder to enjoy your home and family.
Here are 5 ways to start to Declutter Now:
- Start in the most used room in the house– This is the space where you’ll notice the greatest change and will set the tone for the remainder of the home.
- Clear all surfaces– Remove all papers, trinkets, toys. Leave only daily used items that can’t be easily pulled out for use (like coffee machine). You can place items in a box.
- Clear the floor– Remove everything from floor that doesn’t belong there (exception rugs).
- Find places for everything you’ve removed from countertops and floors. If you don’t have a specific place for these things you can organize them into Donate, Throw away, or Sell piles.
- Once your finished with your piles remove them from the house (like to the trunk of your car or trash) and move on to the next most used room in your home.
Take your time. It’s initially a big process but taken one room at a time and a day at time can help you reach your goals of a clear, peaceful, and decluttered home.